A chemical spill at Trigg Hall forced the evacuation of the campus of the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
The spill occurred yesterday around noon when a glass container of ammonium hydroxide was knocked over in a storage area next to an agricultural lab during renovations.
The Salisbury Daily Times reports that there were no reports of injuries but that the contractor taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
Four others who breathed in the fumes decline treatment and no students were involved.
The paper reports that the Princess Anne Volunteer Fire Company and the Salisbury Fire Department’s hazmat team showed up at the scene.
Classes were suspended for the rest of the day as a result of the incident.
Trigg Hall also houses offices for the faculty.